Blog

Recently I replaced my old SSD which, resulted in me re-installing everything. All seemed fine. When I started to write new content to the site and run the command to generate it in order to verify if the layout was correct, errors. Lots of them. Apparently the packages in my Metalsmith tool chain became broken with the newer Node version. So I run the command to update the packages, in the hopes it would fix. Unfortunately it didn't. And apparently it became worse because instead of spitting lots of error messages the process just froze.

Continue reading

Yes, I know this is not exactly related to game development, but I have to talk/rant about this. Markdown is a really nice tool! It makes writing texts for web pages a lot easier. Yet, if you are using it as part of static site generation chain, like this entire site, then it becomes impractical, unless you have very simple requirements.

Continue reading